Policy Type: Board- Executive Limitations
Related Policies: B2000, B2001, B2002, B2003
Linked Procedures: None
Related Laws: None
Related Standards: None
HLC Criterion: 1B3, 1C2, 1C3, 2A2, 2E2, 2E4, 3B3, 3C, 5A, 5B
The President shall create and sustain an environment that supports the achievement of the Board’s Strategic Outcomes. As such, the President shall create a work environment of open, transparent, and honest communication that encourages the development of trust, cooperation, and collaboration while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
Without limiting the scope of the above statement by the following list, the President shall not:
- Operate without an enforced internal Code of Conduct, of which all employees are made aware, that clearly outlines the rules of expected employee behavior.
- Permit employees and others to be without a mechanism for confidential reporting of alleged or suspected improper activities, without fear of retaliation.
- Cause or allow research involving either human subjects or animals that does not adhere to generally accepted ethical principles and policy.
- Permit potential researchers to be without readily available guidelines for ethical research and assistance in identifying and solving ethical problems.
- Permit research that has not been subject to independent ethical review.
|Date of Change||Description of Change||Governance Unit|
|03-07-22||Initial Adoption||Board of Trustees|