Committee Name: Facility Team
Committee Type: Administrative – Hybrid
Mission/Purpose: The Facility Team (FT) is responsible for ensuring the College’s building, grounds, and plant operations meet State and Federal guidelines and the physical environment is safe, well-maintained, and continuously-improved to meet the evolving needs of students and employees. The FT provides oversight on activities related to facility development, facility usage, facility improvement, transportation
infrastructure, and sustainability activities. The FT manages the College’s Resource Allocation Management Plan outlined in the Illinois Community College Board’s (ICCB) Financial Management Manual.
Scope of Responsibility:
Policy functions of the FT are:
- Recommend improvement to the College’s building & grounds, construction, plant operations, facility usage, parking, security, emergency operations, and shipping & receiving policies, procedures and guidelines.
Operational functions of the FT are:
- Create & update a Facilities Master Plan that supports the strategic plan.
- Create & update a 5-Year Facilities Capital Outlay and Construction Plan.
- Collect, evaluate, prioritize, and recommend facility improvement proposals for implementation.
- Assist organizational units with facility needs.
- Assess, annually, facility conditions and make improvement recommendations.
- Identify, prioritize, and recommend areas for expansion, access, and maintenance of facility to enhance instructional programs, student services, and the management of the college.
- Develop and implement standards to ensure landscape and external appearance of the College is consistent with best practices.
- Ensure facility resource allocation is linked to the Strategic and Student Assessment plans.
- Implement facility related strategic goals assigned to the Vice President of Administrative Services.
- Coordinate the College’s Illinois Green Economy Network (IGEN) sustainability efforts.
- Recommend funding strategies and priorities for facility spending.
- Establish subcommittees to assist with the planning for building renovations and remodels.
- Develop and implement an annual scheduled maintenance plan.
- Communicate scheduled maintenance and repairs to college community.
- Coordinate with the Budget & Finance Team on matters related to bond funding.
Policy Responsibility: College Facilities (A7xxx)
Reporting: The FT advises the Vice President of Administrative Services through policy recommendations to the Administrative Services Council and performs operational activities for the Administrative Services Leadership Team.
Associated Committees: Administrative Services Council, Administrative Services Leadership Team, Business & Finance Team, Technology Team, and the Safety & Risk Management Team.
Composition: Director of Facilities, Director of Informational Technology, Director of Business Services, Educational Technology Administrator, Director of Community Education & Outreach Centers, Athletic Director, Admin Assistant to Recruitment & Enrollment, faculty (2), and staff (2).
Meeting Dates: Third Wednesday of the month from 1:00p – 3:00p