Committee Name: Recruitment & Enrollment Team
Committee Type: Administrative – Hybrid
Mission/Purpose: The Recruitment and Enrollment Team (RET) supports the efforts of the College’s overall implementation and analysis of effective enrollment strategies. Enrollment Management must be seen as an undertaking of the entire College and intertwined in all areas.
Scope of Responsibility:
Policy functions of the RET are:
- Recommend improvement to the College’s recruitment, admissions, testing, advising, and registration policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Recommend policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure academic information is accurately portrayed in the College Catalog and any student handbook.
Operational functions of the RET are:
- Monitor recruitment activities and provide a monthly report.
- Implement best practices for enrollment management for community colleges.
- Review and recommend improvements to the College’s enrollment management (from inquiry through graduation) efforts.
- Assess student satisfaction and implement initiatives for improved service.
- Craft and deliver a thorough, full-year recruitment marketing plan to include social media messaging, text messaging, mailings, enrollment blitzes.
- Focus enrollment equity initiatives for non-traditional, low-income, and minority students.
- Identify points throughout the semester in which students cease enrollment/attendance in courses and programs and recommend plans for improvement.
Policy Responsibility: Admissions (A31xx) and Enrollment Services (A33xx)
Reporting: The RET advises the Vice President of Student Affairs through policy recommendations to the Student Affairs Council and performs operational activities for the Student Affairs Leadership Team.
Associated Committees: Executive Council, Student Affairs Council, Student Life Committee, Marketing and Public Relations
Composition: Director of Recruitment & Enrollment, Director of Student Success, Director of Community Education & Outreach Centers, Executive Director of Public Information & Marketing, Financial Aid Assistant, Student Organization Sponsor (1), Registrar, Transfer Faculty (1), CTE Faculty (1), Staff (3), Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness, Administrative Assistant to Recruitment & Enrollment
Meeting Dates: Fourth Wednesday of the month from 2:00p – 4:00p