To enroll in the Escrow Program, please consult your high school guidance counselor.
Shawnee Community College will accept students currently enrolled in high. High school students planning to enroll shall meet the guidelines outlined below:
- Be at least 16 years of age and be enrolled in a college preparatory curriculum
- Have successfully completed three years of high school English prior to enrolling in an English course
- Have successfully completed three years of high school math prior to enrolling in a math course
- Have successfully completed the college placement test with the required score to enter ENG 111, MAT 110/113/116, or any other academic class and be performing on the required reading level
- Submit a copy of high school transcript along with the Admission Information Form and Escrow Form
- No high school student will be allowed to enroll unless his/her application is signed by an official of his/her high school and a parent/guardian
Students will be allowed to enroll in vocational, personal development, or physical education courses(s) that are not offered by his or her respective high school without meeting the requirements as indicated above. Students enrolling for college credit must pay the college’s standard tuition rate for each course. Consult the Bursar Office, (618) 634-3243, for current rate.
Advanced Honors Escrow Program
For a student to be admitted into the Shawnee Community College Advanced Honors Program, he/she must meet all of the guideline requirements for the regular escrow program except:
- The requirement for a student to be at least 16 years old may be waived if circumstances warrant and the student gets approval from both the high school and community college president
- Maximum course loads exceeding the waived nine credit hours are the financial responsibility of the student and must meet the guidelines established under Policy 8151. The maximum course load of nine credit hours per semester may be waived during the summer semester following the student’s junior year in high school
In addition to the regular escrow requirements, the student must also meet the following requirements:
- Fill out an application for the Advanced Honors Program.
- Be ranked in the upper 20% of his/her class (using all high school grades assigned up to the time of application)
- Have a minimum cumulative high school GPA (grade point average) of 3.25, based on the 4.0 scale
- Maintain a minimum cumulative Shawnee Community College GPA of 3.0, based on the 4.0 scale
- The student’s schedule of Shawnee Community College courses is officially approved each semester by the high school official and the Registrar of Shawnee Community College