ADN End of Program Student Learning Objectives
Upon completion of the Associate Degree of Nursing program, Shawnee Community College graduates will be able to:
- Communicate therapeutically with clients & interdisciplinary team in the practice of nursing.
- Integrate culture and diversity in the provision of holistic care across the lifespan.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by prioritizing and delegating client care.
- Demonstrate clinical reasoning skills in the provision of safe and competent care utilizing the nursing process in a variety of clinical situations.
- Analyze research to provide evidence-based practice in the care of the client.
Associate Degree Nursing Program Outcomes
- ADN students graduating from SCC will pass NCLEX-RN on the first attempt.
- Students who graduate from the SCC ADN program will be employed as a professional nurse within 6 months of program completion.
- Students graduating from the SCC ADN program will continue their education towards a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.