Practical Nursing End-of-Program Student Learning Objectives
Upon completion of the Practical Nursing program, Shawnee Community College graduates will be able to:
- Communicate appropriate information to clients and interdisciplinary team.
- Recognize how culture and diversity influences the nursing care of populations across the lifespan.
- Apply knowledge to provide safe and competent client care as an entry level practical nurse.
- Utilize diagnostic and assessment findings to provide safe and competent entry level practical nursing care.
- Comprehend research related to evidenced based clinical practice.
Practical Nursing Program Outcomes
- Students completing the SCC practical nursing program will pass the NCLEX-PN on the first attempt.
- Students who complete the SCC practical nursing program will be employed and/or continue their education toward an Associate of Science in Nursing degree within 6 months of program completion.