Shawnee Community College
The Administrative Support Specialist will provide information to callers and visitors, schedule appointments, and maintain and troubleshoot ITV and classroom equipment. The Administrative Support Specialist under the direction of the Center Coordinator will maintain all programs and services provided by the Extension Center.
- Associate Degree in Administrative Assistant or a related field OR Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient with MS Office Products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Create and sustain a supportive College culture that engages employees, recognizes diversity, ensures equity, promotes inclusion, and creates a sense of belonging by fostering an environment of teamwork, accountability, communication, and vision.
- Screens incoming calls, schedules appointments, and correspondence, and responds independently when possible. The employee is required to communicate with incoming callers and visitors to the front desk.
- Receives inner-office mail, sorts, and delivers to the appropriate person.
- Assist with dispersing documents to students or faculty in distance learning classes.
- Work collaboratively with other college personnel to ensure services are provided to students.
- Follow college policies and procedures.
- Maintains and troubleshoots classroom equipment and interactive video equipment, making minor repairs as necessary.
- Monitor the extension center supplies and equipment to ensure all is working properly.
- Ensure a safe environment is kept for all patrons, which includes campus safety protocol for weather and other campus safety emergencies.
- Takes payment for tuition from students, and tracks and prepares transactions to be sent to the bursar.
- Performs other related duties that may be required by the Center Coordinator (i.e., duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but are generally within the occupational series and responsibility level associated with the employee’s class of work).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES include the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with (or the ability to quickly learn) the Polycom interactive video system and Zoom video communication platform.
CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
Consistently performs duties with concern, courtesy, and respect for all persons in a prompt and timely manner. Must work cooperatively with students, employees, government agencies, and community members and be sensitive to issues of student and employee diversity. Consistently exhibits responsiveness to others in the organization at all levels and responds to requests for assistance from students, staff, and community members in a helpful and timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. Lifting items up to 20 pounds in weight.
Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Work is primarily in an office/school environment. Noise levels usually are moderate.
SALARY: $14 per hour
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Cover Letter, Resume, Official Transcripts)